'I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.' ~Albert Einstein
"Equality is not in regarding different things similarly, equality is in regarding different things differently." ~Tom Robbins
As Nita and I continue this special series, we continue to explore topics almost every thoughtful human being has reflected on. We share our understandings and ideas about how we see equality and how essential it is to good living, good professionalism, and a healthy society. The ultimate message of equality is that our differences are many, but more superficial, while our similarities are infinite and exist at the very essence of being human.
This conversation touches on the following themes and ideas:
- The need for evolving the way we relate
- What value and pitfalls does the hierarchical model have?
- How can you be equal to a CEO of a big corporation?
- What are the touchpoints between equality and leadership
- How hardship, grief, and struggle are connective and level the playing field
- How in observing our own narratives, mindsets, and attitudes we see our self-responsibility in creating inequality
- How the practice of values support us in our daily lives
- The drawbacks of an outcome orientation
- and much more
As always, thanks for listening and I hope you enjoy it.
Know thyself. Do your thing. Namaste.